Please read through the below steps, and then follow these instructions to update the device firmwares.
You will first need to download/extract the "Firmware update package" from the VP5300 - Home page
1. Connect VP5300 with L100 to host device
2. Launch "IDTechBootload.EXE" from the package
UPDATING VP5300 FW
3. Leave 'L100' checkbox UNCHECKED (we will check this later)
4. Select "Load Firmware File" then locate/select the VP5300 .fm file you extracted earlier
5. Under File Info, File Status should display "Load Succeeded."
6. Select "Enter Bootload"
7. Green LED on the underneath of the VP5300 will go off, Result-window should prompt instructions
8. Select "Bootload". When complete, Result-window should display "Bootload Succeeded!"
UPDATING L100 FW (only follow these steps if you are also upgrading an L100 pin PAD. Otherwise skip to Step 14.)
9. Power cycle the bundle before progressing to the next step
10. Select 'L100' checkbox > select "Load Firmware File" > locate/select L100.fm file
11. Under File Info, File Status should display "Load Succeeded."
12. Select "Enter Bootload" > L100 display should prompt "Starting..." and Result window should display “Please Press “Bootload” button.”
13. Select "Bootload". When complete, Result window should display "Bootload Succeeded!"
14. Power cycle the bundle before progressing to the next step
15. Select 'All' checkbox in the Kernel Update window
16. Select "Update Kernel". Wait for status progress to display completion for all listed files, each kernel has its own progress bar displayed