When you contact IDTECH for support on your SecureKey device, you will always be asked to provide the sample encrypted data output and configuration setting string from a known good unit and the not working unit. This article provides the steps to collect them.
1. Download the SecureKey USB Demo and double-clicking the ".exe" file from the extract file folder to launch the Demo with the not working devices connected to a USB port and wait for the Demo to report the type of the device detected (see screenshot below)
2. Set the cursor in the white window on top, swipe a credit card through the device or enter the card info via the keypad if the issue is with manual key entry. You should have the encrypted data output there. (# 2 in the screenshot below). Please copy and paste the entire output into the email body
3. Select the "Read Current Current Configuration" under the "General Setting" menu, you should see the entire setting string as highlighted in the screenshot below. Copy and paste the entire OUT string (#3 in the screenshot below) into the email body
4. Disconnect the not working unit and connect the working unit to the host PC and wait for the unit to be detected (# 1 in the screenshot above)
5. Repeat the Step 2 and Step 3 to collect the reader's output and the configuration setting string
6. Email the 4 pieces of data collected from both the not working and the working units to us
There is no content with the specified labels