Scope: This article applies to NEO products (UniPay III, Kiosk III, Vendi, Vendi Pro, Spectrum Pro II, VP3300, VP8300)
- In the demo go into "Device" and click "Send NEO Command".
- the CMD field is C7, the Sub-command is 36.
- In the data field, specify which encryption state you want (See list below)
- After filling in the fields, click "Execute Command"
- The results window should give you a 1 byte response indicating your encryption status
As of 11-04-2016, there are 3 possible encryption states:
- 00. No encryption
- 01. EMV encryption only
- 02. MSR encryption only
- 03. MSR and EMV encryption
NOTE: You can NOT use this command to disable encryption. Once you enable encryption (States 01, 02. and 03) there is no way to set the reader back in to state 00.
NOTE: It IS possible to have a device with NO key injected and an encryption status greater than 00. Encryption status is NOT key status. A reader without a data encryption key will not output encrypted data and an SRED reader without a data encryption key injected will not output any data (clear text, or encrypted).