Scope: This article applies to NEO products (UniPay III, Kiosk III, Vendi, Vendi Pro, Spectrum Pro II, VP4880, VP4880C, VP4880E, VP4880 OEM)
- In the demo go into "Device" and click "Send NEO Command".
- the CMD field is C7, the Sub-command is 37.
- After filling in the fields, click "Execute Command"
- The results window should give you a 1 byte response indicating your encryption status
As of 11-04-2016, there are 3 possible encryption states:
- 00. No encryption
- 01. MSR encryption only
- 02. EMV encryption only
- 03. MSR and EMV encryption
NOTE: It IS possible to have a device with NO key injected and an encryption status greater than 00. Encryption status is NOT key status. A reader without a data encryption key will not output encrypted data and an SRED reader without a data encryption key injected will not output any data (clear text, or encrypted).