When execute the test tool "JRE32bit\POStest\POStest.bat", an error message below showed up:
Failed to open "defaultMSR"
Exception: Fail to open connector,ps2kb
This occurs with the JavaPOS driver version 80128802-002-A_V1.13.4 but does not occur with the previous version JPOS (80066808-004-A).
- OS: Windows Embedded POSReady 7 (32 bit)
- JRE: JRE 7 (32 bits)
- Driver version: 80128802-002-A_V1.13.4 for JRE 32 bits
- Selected device name: IDTECHMSR_PS2KB
- MSR Keyboard Base Driver V1.06
- MSR Model: :ID TECH IDMB-333433B-NC
The problem is due to customer put the "IDTECH_KeyboardHook.dll" and "PS2Conn.dll" and other dll file to the "C:\\Windows
system32" which causes the JPOS fail to load them hence it failed to open our reader.
The fix is to remove the dll files from the "C:\\Windows system32" folder.