This information and the CAPK files are for demonstration purposes only. You should receive your CAPKs from you Gateway or Processor.
Loading CAPK from a CAPK file:
In the uDemo are commands to save and Retrieve CAPKs. From that command you can get to a form (see # 5, 6 and 9 below) that is designed to simplify providing the various elements needed when saving a CAPK to a credit card reader (terminal). From the form, users can save/load CAPK files to simplify the process even further. ID TECH can provide the file for a particular CAPK. The file with these instructions will make saving CAPKs to you reader very easy.
- Launch uDemo with the Spectrum Pro (or other reader) connected. Look to see the the uDemo recognizes the correct reader is connected.
- Expand the EMV commands.
- Expand the CAPK commands.
- Choose the Save CAPK command.
- Click the Form button to open the CAPK Form dialog box. This will open in a separate window.
- Click the Load button.
- Navigate to the CAPK file.
- Click Open.
- Click OK.
- Click Execute Command.
- Look for the "Save CAPK Successful: " message in the Results window.